Sunday, February 26, 2012

My DAT Results


DAT Breakdown:

Perceptual Ability: 21
Quantitative Reasoning: 18
Reading Comprehension: 21
Biology: 15
General Chemistry: 23
Organic Chemistry: 24
Total Science: 19
Academic Average: 20

Yes, I got a 15 in one of the most important sections of the DAT and still managed to get accepted into dental school. This goes to show that everything doesn't have to be perfect so never give up! Did the 15 in the biology section hurt me in reference to dental school admissions?  Yes, no doubt that it did, but I was able to balance it out with strong scores in the other DAT sections and great extracurriculars.

My last and probably best piece of advice– always have confidence in yourself!


Schools Applied: 21

Interviews: 13

Interviews Attended: 7

Acceptances: 3 (1 Ivy League, 1 in-state school, 1 private school)

1 comment: